Business Case: Getting Into Digital Transformation With Workflow Automation
What is Digital Transformation
Digital Transformation is allowing people to solve their traditional problems using digital technology. It's the process of reaching business maturity by incorporating digital technology into every facet of your business. Digital transformation promotes change in leadership, a different mindset from everyone in the business while encouraging innovation to close the gap between customer expectations and what businesses of old have been practicing.
Should we all get into it?
The answer is yes. Think of Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, LinkedIn, Skype, Messenger, Viber, Uber, Airbnb, and Netflix --these companies have disrupted and put many companies out of business. In order to survive, companies have to be equipped to the rapidly changing environment, and be ready with a strategic response. This is because, most companies are optimized for the environment they operate. If you don't want your business to suffer the same fate the dinosaurs did thousands of years ago, then you wouldn't think twice about joining the digital transformation wagon too. Why don't you start by going paperless?
Challenges With Digital Transformation
People Within Organizations
Digital Transformation requires a change in attitude and culture, but people are afraid of disrupting the current business. People within organizations have to understand that digital transformation isn't just a simple IT project, it is real business transformation. It even transforms our customers, who are dictating the customer journey. With customers getting tech-savvy, organizations have to take advantage of digital transformation.
No Idea How to Begin
Most existing business has a challenge adopting because they just don't know where to begin. It's not that they refuse to integrate digital transformation into their business processes, but the lack of greater understanding keeps them from embracing its full potential.
How Workflow Automation Promotes Digital Transformation
- Workflow automation has collaboration and documentation built into it, which enables users to write down notes and instructions for people involved in a process. There is no more need to rely on inefficient email threads and attachments to fulfill a business process.
- Workflow automation can monitor and run recurring tasks, and enables users to manage delayed tasks.
- With easier task delegation, managers are able to focus on process design and improvement.
- Workflows are ubiquitous in every business. Switching from manual to automated workflows is a crucial step and a great start to digital transformation.
- Begin by identifying the most time-consuming and error-prone workflows, and find the best automation system that fits your business. (See samples below.)
- Departments such as Finance and HR need precision which a unified automation software can provide. Aside from being freed up from paper-based processes, and having increased efficiency, businesses and internal teams will be able to focus more on strategic tasks.
Here are some implementations for workflow:
- HR Leave Approvals and On-Boarding
- Case Management
- ISO Processes
- AR/AP workflows
- Requisition / Procurement
- Document Approvals
- Loan Approvals
- Regulatory Submissions
Are you ready to make a switch from manual to automated workflows, and reap all the benefits?
Activity Factory is a workflow automation software that allows small, medium, and large businesses, and internal teams to focus on strategic tasks and spend less time on the processes that support them.